Re: DB2 is better than Oracle

From: John Russell <johnrussell10_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 09:10:01 GMT

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:35:49 -0400, Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com> wrote:

>"With DB2 all you get is a lousy relational database backed by a bunch
>of gray men in blue suits."
>Hey, it's just a few gray hairs, barely visible.... I take that
>personal! ;-)

I don't know about the blue suits either. The dress at Oracle HQ is nattier than IBM Toronto (even in the purely development buildings). Lots of commuting cyclists in both places, so bike shorts are not unknown. (Oddly enough, despite being right next to Hwy 101, it's a lot safer to cycle into Oracle than DB2-land -- at least the Don Mills/Eglinton building.)

That was what the debate was about, right? :-)

John

--
Got an Oracle database question?
Try the search engine for the database docs at: