Re: Oracle 8i on W2k Service Starting

From: Pieter Claerhout <Pieter_Claerhout_at_creoscitex.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 10:06:16 GMT

I had a similar problem, and it could be fixed by changing a setting in the registry.

If you look under HKLM\Software\Oracle, you'll see keys for every ORACLE_HOME you have. For each home, there is a parameter called AutoStart (if I remember well). Make sure that one is set to true. If not, the Oracle services will start, but the database will never be opened automatically.

Cheers,

Pieter