Oracle 8i on W2k Service Starting

From: Paul Tatam <paul.tatam_at_basingstoke.dot.gov.dot.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 17:05:22 +0100

I have installed Oracle 816 on a Windows 2000 Server (SP2), I can create a database ok, however when the server is reloaded the Oracle service for the database goes into a state of 'Starting', and it never starts. At this point I can use sqlplus to call 'startup open', and the database is then available to the users, however the service will still show starting.

I have a few goes at re-installing oracle and recreating the database but get the same result each time.

Any help much appreciated.

Paul Tatam Received on Sat Jun 09 2001 - 11:05:22 CDT