Q: Migrating a DB with EXP/IMP

From: Uwe Schneider <uwe.schneider_at_xlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 12:18:03 +0100

Hi experts,

I try to migrate a complete Oracle database from a 7.2.2 server under AIX to 7.3.2 under Solaris (Sparc).

I estimate the exp/imp utilities are fitting the best for this purpose. Unfortunately I experience NLS problems: The export dump file does contain 8 bit chars, but after the import all 8 bit characters are converted to 7 bit chars.

This happens with or without setting NLS_LANG before invoking imp to the value it had during export.

As a hint I can tell you that clients that connect to the target database need to _unset_ NLS_LANG before connecting to the database in order to get 8 bit select sets.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Uwe Received on Wed Oct 28 1998 - 05:18:03 CST