Re: bstat reports negative numbers/statistic definitions

From: Vishal <vka68_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/03/13

William Vollenweider wrote:

> I am running Oracle 7.3.3 on AIX 4.1 using bstat/estat and getting negative
> numbers for physical blocks read and written (in the tablespace/datafiles
> section). The collection is run over night (12 hrs) during our batch
> processing. I can't figure out how the negative numbers could reflect
> reality, and ideas?
>
> Also, does anybody know where a description/stats for all of the 7.3.3
> sysstats can be found?

  Only conceivable reason for a negative number in bstat reports is that the database was shutdown between the times bstat was fired and estat was fired. As you have run it overnight, check if the database was taken down for backup or such purpose during this time.

Vishal Received on Fri Mar 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CST