orphan oracle processes please help...

From: <engsys_at_merlion.singnet.com.sg>
Date: 1998/03/12

Hello,

I have a problem with the oracle orphan processes on my machine. The set up is as follows :

IBM Rs/6000 AIX 4.2
Oracle forms 4.5 on Windows 95 Pc clients.

The problem is when the user using the application developed in forms 4.5 switches off his pc or kills the application on the PC, the oracle process on the AIX machine still exists and starts taking up a lot of CPU time. I guess it is the pmon's job to kill such processes. Is there any way to identify such sessions which do not have a client so that i can kill them ? or is there any way to tell the pmon to take care of such processes ??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Prasad Received on Thu Mar 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST