Re: Problem - LISTENER and SQLLOAD

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1998/03/12

Hooperce wrote in message <19980312160900.LAA19982_at_ladder01.news.aol.com>...
>1. Does sqlload require listerner?? (Getting SEGMENTATION FAULT error
 running
>sqlload - alert log says listener is the problem.)

Depends on the protocol used. If you use a local connection (bequeth protocol) then you don't need the listener. If you use something like user/passw_at_alias from the local machine then it is quite likely using TCP/IP and then you need the listesner. Of course, any client connection also requires them listener.

>2. Cannot get listener to start on SUN Solaris - Oracle 7.3. Trying to
 START
>or STATUS listener returns INVALID INSTRUCTION(coredump).

Look at your listener's config file,
$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora, for incorrect or invalid parameters. Startup the listener using 'lsnrctl start' and make sure that you do it from the Oracle userid (permissions, environment and all that needs to be correct).

>Any ideas appreciated...

Here's one. Some adapt themselves to the world. Other try and adapt the world to themselves. Therefore all progress depends on the second type. On the other hand, the how do you prove that there are two types, because some will say that there are two types, and others will say there are not. Anyway, my glass is empty... [looking for another bottle of Tennessee whiskey]

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Mar 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST