Novell vs. NT Server!

From: Johann Christian Eslbauer <johann.eslbauer_at_oka.co.at>
Date: 1998/03/09

We get a new database Server (Oracle Workgrop Server 7.3.x) and it is my job to choose the apropriate platform.

We have two choices: Novell Netware 4.11 Server or
NT 4.0 Server.

In both cases it is the same hardware (Compaq Proliant 2500 - 512MB-RAM and 10GB RAID5 Array).

Somebody told me the stability of a NT Server is unpredictable. Other share the opinion that Oracle Server on Novell basis are underdeveloped (older versions, second class programmers).

Can you reply some experience about the topic? Received on Mon Mar 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CST