Re: What's the meaning of ROWID?

From: <ketanindia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/03/02

Hi Jimmy

Rowid is an implicit columns created for each row in the table. It is made up of 3 components namely, file number, block number and row number. Yes it would be unique for each row in the table but there is no guarantee that the last row added in the table would have the largest rowid.

Hope this helps,

Ketan Shah