Re: How to "break into" DBA profession?

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 19:58:49 -0500

You have what you need to get started. Identify a modest need at your current site and create a small database with a front end to fill the need. Then suggest something larger and do that. At that point you can start adding bells and whistles - Designer/Developer, Web enabling etc. In other words, give yourself some paid on the job training. You will help your company and you will gain new skills.

Van