Can this even be done through ADO for Oracle???

From: Gary <noyfb_at_kma.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:35:27 -0700

HI All,

I am trying to send a "Create Function" statement through ADO to an Oracle Database.

The Function gets created but it has Compiler Errors. If I use SQL Plus to execute the same statement it is successfull with no errors. I can execute the following statements through ADO with no problems.

CREATE TABLESPACE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE USER
GRANT
ALTER I cannot however Create Procedures, Functions or Triggers through ADO. If I do I have to go into them using an Oracle Tool such as Enterprise manager to view and edit the code and Apply the changes even if no changes are needed to successfully compile the code. I know the code is Syntacticly correct because I can get the function to process using SQL PLUS, SQL Worksheet, & Enterprise Manager.

Here is an example:

Create or Replace Function GAGETEST.Whatserver Return Integer IS
BEGIN
Return(1);
END; This works fine with the oracle tools but not through ADO.

Any suggestions would be helpfull

Gary Received on Thu Sep 30 1999 - 10:35:27 CDT