Re: oracle experience question

From: Darren Brock <brock_at_governet.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:02:07 -0600

When I graduated with a degree in CS I accepted a job for a startup doing
application programming and helping other programmers with SQL. The DBA accepted
another job a week later and the role fell into my lap because I knew relational
theory better than anyone else in the shop. I wish I had apprenticed longer than
a week but I have kept the thing running and developed new databases that are
normalized and very fast. I have not finished the recommended time to wait to be
Oracle certified but have taken the TechMetrix Oracle-7 DBA e-certification exam
and passed that with flying colors. I have had a an article published on database
design and documentation and I am looking forward to getting Oracle certified.
Advise? Find out why you really want to get into this field and get to know that
area better than anyone around. Actions speak louder than words.

Darren