Re: Question - Pro*C / OCI binary on Linux -set FETCHSIZE parameter?

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 07:59:29 -0700

oraaccess.xml can be used for clients that are compiled with Oracle libraries.

I've used it successfully for an old COBOL app, which allowed getting 500 rows per call rather than 1.

Something to keep in mind is that using oraaccess.xml will work only for queries that normally return many rows.

A query returning 1 row inside a loop is still going to suffer excessive SQL*Net message from client.

Just drop oraaccess.xml into the TNS_ADMIN location, or modify the current one if there.

 Sorry about the lack of formatting, I cannot get a copy/paste to work correctly.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII" ?> <oraaccess xmlns="

http://xmlns.oracle.com/oci/oraaccess" xmlns:oci="
http://xmlns.oracle.com/oci/oraaccess" schemaLocation="
http://xmlns.oracle.com/oci/oraaccess
http://xmlns.oracle.com/oci/oraaccess.xsd"> <default_parameters> <prefetch>

That works for C/C++/Cobol/Fortran/Perl DBI, and any other app that uses oracle libraries. Sadly that does not include Java 😒

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Oracle ACE Alumni
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Github: https://www.pythian.com/blog/technical-track/author/jared-still <https://github.com/jkstill>
Personality: http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ.html