Re: concurrent statistics gathering

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 09:26:27 +0100 (CET)

Hello Wilhelm,

> Statistics gathering is not really „concurrent“, as after some time there is no really concurrent processing anymore.

What do you mean in detail?

I guess you have read the restriction like "However, to prevent possible deadlock scenarios multiple partitioned tables cannot be processed simultaneously. Hence, if there are some jobs running for a partitioned table, other partitioned tables in a schema (or database or dictionary) will be queued until the current one completes. There is no such restriction for non-partitioned tables."

... so if your remaining objects are partitioned tables only, then there is no concurrent anymore.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK