Re: Multitenant and Timezones

From: Neil Chandler <neil_chandler_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 20:18:47 +0000

Given your release (this is definitely a problem in 19.18) and your exact requirement, you could be hitting a couple of unpublished bugs that I have hit - and they are not yet backported:

34258072 (multiple timezones for different PDB's) 34421997 (timezone at DBTIMEZONE in PDB's)

i.e. you should be able to do it, and it doesn't work. You'll need to open an SR, although as there's no backport yet (fix was supposed to be in 19.20), that won't help much until it appears.

regards

Neil Chandler

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Clay Jackson <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> Sent: 29 February 2024 19:18
To: wdavidsmc_at_gmail.com <wdavidsmc_at_gmail.com>; Oracle-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: RE: Multitenant and Timezones

Looks like that’s covered in MOS here

Configure Different Timezones per PDB (Doc ID 2143879.1)

Clay Jackson

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Mark Davidson Sent: Thursday, February 29, 2024 10:43 AM To: Oracle-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Multitenant and Timezones

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not follow guidance, click links, or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hello,

Running on an X8-2 ODA ver 19.17, linux 7, RAC, Multientant and 100+ databases

In stand-alone databases I use " $ srvctl setenv database -db DB1 -t 'TZ=Europe/Brussels' " for example to set the timezone. I have about a dozen DB's with non-EST timezones. It is a requirement for our customers to reflect the proper timezone in their data.

For multitenant (migrating to), I've read that multiple timezones are allowed for PDB's in a CDB but I'm finding this this is an issue and the PDB's still reflect the CDB's timezone.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Maybe I'm not setting the timezone correctly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark