Re: Oracle to postgresql migration steps.

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 08:13:31 -0500

On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 17:49 +0530, Shravan Kumar Kota wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> Did any one migrated the Oracle database into postgresql ?
>
> If yes, please share the steps or document.
>
> Thanks,
> Shravan.

I've done it few times and it always includes re-architecting the application. There are many differences between Oracle and Postgres and you have to be aware of them if you want your application to perform adequately. I doubt that it would be possible to describe it step by step in an email. It would probably take a small book do describe adequately. And writing books doesn't make much sense from the financial point of view.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database SME