Re: Could you help me offering the similar scripts for manually gathering oracle statistics of system and production users?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 13:07:33 -0500

On 12/29/23 07:51, Quanwen Zhao wrote:

> Hello my oracle gurus,
>
> One of financial customers in our company asks me to provide him the
> similar scripts for manually gathering oracle statistics of system and
> production users rather than automatically gathering oracle statistic
> jobs.
>
> Could you have the similar one? Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards
> Quanwen Zhao

Hi Quanwen,

Every script that I use uses some form of DBMS_STATS.GATHER_DATABASE_STATS configured by setting global prefs. The rest depends on what do you want to achieve. You can set clustering factor for some index, set some column statistics or lock table stats if necessary. I can't give you the exact script(s) because they belong to my employer. There are some sample scripts on Scratchpad or Tim Hall's Oracle-Base.

Happy New Year!scr

Database Consultant
Tel: (347) 321-1217
https://dbwhisperer.wordpress.com