Re: Redo for the Undo

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 11:14:59 +0100 (CET)

Hello Lothar,
let's go one step back first.

How does the (ASH) wait chain look like when you experience this "log file switch (checkpoint incomplete)" issue? What's the redo/sec rate at this time? What's the DBWR doing/waiting on? Are the data files located in ASM or a filesystem (if yes, which one)?

There are several root causes why the DBWR can't keep up with the load ... so if the load is not very high (regarding the underlying infrastructure capabilities) ... you should dig into there.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK