Re: instance not able to allocate LargePages

From: Ilmar Kerm <ilmar.kerm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 11:43:37 +0200

If by service you mean SystemD, then all shell limits must be specified in the SystemD service unit file. SystemD ignores /etc/security/limits.conf and /etc/security/limits.d/*

This is what I have in SystemD unit file that starts Oracle single instance database (your issue should be about LimitMEMLOCK):

[Service]
# Limits need to be here since /etc/security/limits.d/* is not applied by SystemD
LimitNPROC=131072
LimitNOFILE=131072
LimitMEMLOCK=infinity

--