Re: Question on database availability

From: Lok P <loknath.73_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 23:55:41 +0530

Thank you for the information.

So basically , these two data centers and three data center config is a great point to explain I think as these are common approaches. Also i think active-active config in Oracle (using GGS) can ensure High availability and also DR configuration. Also i think for lower/Dev environments Just backup is enough while for QA and UAT we may have better resilience methods followed by Production.

I think irrespective of cloud or on premise, it's difficult to get RPO=0 as because SYNCH replication is a costly approach , because the performance will hit as you will always be waiting for acknowledgement from the secondary side for each commit of transaction on primary. Hope my understanding is correct here.

Can you guide me to any docs/blogs/presentations to go through to get some more points around the database risiliency?