Re: Suggestion for application caching

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 19:01:31 -0400

On 8/19/23 16:34, yudhi s wrote:
> This is mainly a OLTP system. And the data which it stores in
> application cache is getting frequently queried by users. So are you
> suggesting is to store these one to many relationship data as
> denormalized form by flattening it such the the sorting and joining
> stuff can be avoided ? Not sure how can we avoid "union all", as
> because these results are from different tables.
>
> But yes, as I modified the query using exists clause, it's using zero
> temp space.

OLTP application returning 20GB to application servers? Good luck with that. In the OLTP world there should be no full table scans. What you described is better suited for a DW type application. As for caching, I would use MariaDB with ENGINE=MEMORY option for tables. Or create a materialized view and cache it to memory using In-Memory Oracle option.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant