Re: Open cursor error

From: yudhi s <learnerdatabase99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 15:38:20 +0530

Thank you.

I was tring to see how the "opened cursors" count is increasing for the session, so i tried running the simple statement as below by connecting to a sql plus session.

Create table test (c1 varchar2(4000));

Insert into test values('AB');
Insert into test values('CD');
Insert into test values('EF');
Insert into test values('XX');
Insert into test values('YY');

Then running the stats from gv$sesstat doesnt show a increase in the 'opened cursors current' after each Insert/DML statement irrespective of COMMIT. Which means its not true that each DML in a session caused a "open cursor" for that session.

So it seems this stats "opened cursors current" depends on the normal explicit CURSOR declaration in which we have to open and then close the cursor explicitly in plsql block/procedure. But then I am wondering how its caused the query submitted directly from Java to have those 1000+ "open cursor"?

Regards

Yudhi