OCI Software Images - register GoldImage from another host?

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 09:34:20 -0400

For those of you who have created custom software images on OCI via the console, do you know if you can transfer a GoldImage created on another host and _register_ that image so that the OCI console can see it?

If so, do you know where those images are stored in OCI - I'm hoping the image is on the VMs since the create resources are part of the cluster page/navigation.

Basically what I'm attempting to do (want to do):
- using runInstaller -createGoldImage on SOURCE

  • copy that image file to OCI VMs and register it with OCI so that OCI sees it as an available image

Anyone? If not, I'll reply with the solution if I can make the second piece happen.

Thanks,
Chris