Re: Sanity Check regarding database migration OJVM target server newer version 19c

From: Andy Wattenhofer <"Andy>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 13:57:19 -0500

Assuming you're just migrating a PDB to the target container, the 19.17 patch is already applied to the target CDB and you just need to run datapatch to bring the migrated PDB software patch level up to 19.17. Should work without issue. But the real reason I am replying is to ask why you don't just remove OJVM from the PDB before you migrate it, since you wrote that you don't need it. MOS Doc id 2314363.1 <https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocContentDisplay?id=2314363.1> has the removal procedure. OJVM is a security liability in any database that doesn't actually use it.

Andy