Re: Unable to create standby database - RMAN-11003, ORA-01620

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 22:13:49 -0600

Yes, we tried mounting a different controlfile. Same error. The only thing we see odd in the primary is that thread 2 (only thread there) is enabled private. The duplicate is complaining about no public threads (ORA-1620). Not sure how/when/why it got set to private.

We have run the same duplicate script every quarter for 4 years and this is the first time we've encountere this issue. Very frustrating, especially with finance department asking "when will it be done?"

Sandy

--
Sandy B.