RE: typical active table count

From: Clay Jackson <"Clay>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 19:32:53 +0000

What Tim said!

On a system running Oracle eBusiness, PeopleSoft or SAP (or any other large ERP system); in a 10 second period, you could see HUNDREDs if not THOUSANDS, of different tables being modified

Clay Jackson

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Tim Gorman Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2023 11:39 AM
To: schneider_at_ardentperf.com; Oracle-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: typical active table count

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not follow guidance, click links, or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Wouldn't monitoring the number of rows in V$ACCESS be useful here?

On 6/27/2023 8:56 AM, Jeremy Schneider wrote: Question for other Oracle users

On your moderately busy DB, how many different tables might receive at least one change/DML during a 10 second window?

10? 50? 100? More? Ballpark guess off the top of your head.

I'm in a discussion & there's questions about whether it's unusual to have more than 10 or so. The answer isn't clear to me.

Probably worthwhile to call out partitioning explicitly (ie. if this factors into an answer then mention that fact)

-Jeremy

--

http://about.me/jeremy_schneider

--