Re: Comparing performance with Exadata

From: Lothar Flatz <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 07:28:26 +0200

Hi,

I do not know Snowflake, but I did a number of POCs where Oracle/Exadata was compared against other hardware and databases. E.g Teradata, Netezza etc.
I can confirm that expertise is the most valuable asset in such POCs. If you just copy the data into the cloud and dump it on Snowflake, it is a sure way to see Snowflake failing.
Consider that your colleagues might favour that outcome. Quite often companies will provide support for free if a deal is o stake. You might ask Snowflake if they want to help on designing a suitable schema.

Thanks

Lothar