Re: Finding cause and fix for Idle wait event

From: Nenad Noveljic <nenad.noveljic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 09:40:23 +0100

> I was under impression that look ups means just filters/read from the
> informatica cache which would be fast, but I agree sorting rows like
> 200million and joining can be resource intensive.

Informatica can also start spilling data to files.

Is there any instrumentation available st informatica which shows how much
> time/resources does those cached lookups take for a workflow?

Not that I'm aware of. I don't, however, know the product. But you could measure CPU/memory/IO load to get an idea how intensive the processing is.

> And do you say, modifying sdu_size/tdu in client side or database is not
> going to make any difference in this case?

Not if the primary cause is the Informatica process being busy with data crunching.