Re: strange wait events

From: Jon Crisler <joncrisler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 12:28:10 -0500

The result cache is part of the shared pool, and defaults to 1% of shared pool. It would be turned on by default. Check the db parameters for

RESULT_CACHE_MAX_SIZE
RESULT_CACHE_MAX_RESULT
RESULT_CACHE_REMOTE_EXPIRATION

https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/19/tgdba/tuning-result-cache.html#GUID-753CE20B-ADC5-457C-8669-83250B79DD32

On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 1:57 PM Laurentiu Oprea <laurentiu.oprea06_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for all the suggestions.
>
> After all, I traced everything in the DB. There were a lot of triggers
> involved, but one of them was firing for every action on a table, a
> procedure which was dropping and recreating a job. This had a significantly
> bigger impact in RAC vs single Instance and explained the significant JS
> kgl get object wait
>
> What was strange was that there was a small percentage in the wait
> events about result cache (and the query for checking reliable messages had
> the biggest numbers for a result cache component) but I didn't find any
> result cache hint, probably there is a built-in feature in pl/sql about
> result cache ... not aware of this.
>
> Thank all again for all the help
>
> În sâm., 11 feb. 2023 la 12:25, Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com> a
> scris:
>

>> Have you got any further finding out where your strange wait events are
>> coming from ?
>>
>> Regards
>> Jonathan Lewis
>>

>> On Thu, 2 Feb 2023 at 16:03, Laurentiu Oprea <laurentiu.oprea06_at_gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear oracle community,
>>>
>>> I`m running some tests on 19.17 DB (rac and non-rac - data and data
>>> structures are absolutely identical).
>>>
>>> In the RAC DB I see that an updated generated by a triggered
>>> significantly slower compared with single instance and top wait events are:
>>> 65% JS kgl get object wait
>>> 11% reliable messages
>>> 8% library cache pin