RE: Filtered Index Equivalent in Oracle

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 13:36:29 -0500

AND (not but)…

There might be some papers around somewhere about completion status columns ending up as NULL (you can define NULL in a particular column to mean anything you want, the RDBMS cannot) instead of some value like ‘Y’.

That can be done by design and can be retrofitted with a function based index.

IF memory serves that appeared in the V5 documentation, but it might have been earlier.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mark J. Bobak Sent: Friday, February 10, 2023 11:41 AM To: zahir.dba_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Filtered Index Equivalent in Oracle

This seems to answer your question:

https://dba-presents.com/databases/oracle/41-filtered-index-equivalent-in-oracle

On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 11:22 AM Zahir Mohideen <zahir.dba_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Do we have a direct equivalent of "Filtered Index ( MS SQL Server)". The closest oracle feature is Function Based Index, I can think of. But , this isn't the same.

Is there any similar feature in Oracle ?

Thanks

Zahir Mohideen
http://mfzahirdba.blogspot.com/

Nothing so GREAT was achieved without enthusiasm