Re: PostgreSQL

From: pier paolo Bruno <pbrunoster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 15:54:47 +0100

For my experience, the biggest issue is that , if you have a lot of concurrent activities, postgres opens its files through the filesystem cache , so you have double buffering ( filesystem cache and postgresql buffer cache ) and there is no "filesystem_options=O_DIRECT" in postgres ( there is on wal but you have issue and you can not use archive if i remember ) and this is a quite huge drawback in terms of performance . Other problem can be vacuum as other said. This only for a low level point of few. If you have applications with tons of plsql and use of oracle packages, it can not be cheap to migrate them .... ( port, modify/rewrite, test everything ... )