Re: Encrypted protocol

From: Al B. <albert.y.balbekov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 18:49:54 -0800

Hello EPA,

You can set TNS_ADMIN variable for specific database and point it to location different from default $OH/network/admin. In this location you can have sqlnet.ora separate from sqlnet.ora used by the rest of databases in this Oracle home, thus not impacting other databases. And if you are on RAC, then TNS_ADMIN can be set with srvctl per database.

Using SSL/TLS for network encryption has a drawback of expiring certificates. Native Network Encryption does not have this inconvenience. However, SSL/TLS is considered stronger because in addition to network encryption it also protects against man-in-the-middle attack.

Best regards,
Albert