Re: Connecting to SQL Server from Oracle

From: Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman <dbakevlar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 17:35:42 -0800

I’ve done this tons of times in the 25 years as an Oracle/SQL Server DBA and if you just need to do a monthly dump of data from SQL Server and load to Oracle, it’s likely you can bypass the Gateway-

You’re looking to do a simple BCP, (Bulk Copy Protocol) script from SQL Server to a CSV format and then use SQL Loader to just dump it into Oracle.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/tools/bcp-utility?view=sql-server-ver16

https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/19/sutil/oracle-sql-loader.html

Hope this helps,
Kellyn