RE: Querying GV$ASM_DISKGROUP is slow

From: Mathias Zarick <Mathias.Zarick_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 08:54:24 +0000

Hi Amir,
the problem is not uncommon. Solved it in some projects by using gv$asm_diskgroup_stat as a replacement. HTH Mathias

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Hameed, Amir Sent: Friday, December 3, 2021 7:44 PM
To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: [External] Querying GV$ASM_DISKGROUP is slow

Hi,
The database version is 11.2.0.4. We have noticed that a simple query against view GV$ASM_DISKGROUP consistently takes 12-15 seconds.

SQL> select count(*) from GV$ASM_DISKGROUP ;

  COUNT(*)

        15

Elapsed: 00:00:12.20

Under the hood, the statement does FTS on X$KFGRP. I am not able to get any information on whether this could potentially be related to a known bug. Has anyone run into this issue? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Amir

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Dec 06 2021 - 09:54:24 CET