Re: Moving 2-node RAC to AWS

From: Andy Klock <andy_at_klockmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 19:53:29 +0000

Hi Sandra,

"Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com> writes:

> I read the doc you mentioned.  I didn't mention it before, but
> we no longer pay for oracle support, so pretty much a non-issue
> from that perspective.  We currently use Rimini Street for our
> oracle  support.

In higher versions of Oracle (possibly your 11.2.0.4 depending on the patchset), the Oracle Clusterware will detect if it's running on a cloud and will prevent the instances from starting.

I've done some work with ASM databases using Data Guard and there were some glitches, but you are describing setting up EC2 instances with RHEL6 and just hoping nothing goes wrong.

You are tougher than me. Good luck!

Andy K

REF: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/prescriptive-guidance/latest/patterns/migrate-an-on-premises-oracle-database-to-oracle-on-amazon-ec2.html

https://aws-quickstart.github.io/quickstart-oracle-database/