Cloud Control Question

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 16:05:35 +0000

I'm trying to set up a database that's on a cluster in Cloud Control 13.4.

I've got the database configured and monitored. I've got the listener configured and monitored (although maybe incorrectly), and I'm trying to tell CC that it's a cluster.

In emcli, I'm trying to run the following statements:

emcli set_standby_agent -src_agent=test02b.rit.edu:9999 -dest_agent=test02a.rit.edu:9999 -target_n ame=TESTDB -target_type=oracle_database

emcli set_standby_agent -src_agent=test02b.rit.edu:9999 -dest_agent=test02a.rit.edu:9999 -target_n ame=LISTENER_TESTDB -target_type=oracle_listener

The first one works. The second one returns:

Error: Not eligible to move LISTENER_TESTDB:oracle_listener from test02b.rit.edu:9999 to test02a.rit.edu:9999 due to 20206:getTargetGuid: Unable to get GUID for the target (targetName=LISTENER_TESTDB targetType=oracle_listener)

The listener is defined in CC.

What am I missing? I'm going by notes made for version 13.1 by a co-worker that has since retired.

Scott Canaan '88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.