Re: Oracle database migrations (from AIX, Solaris, Windows) to Azure Cloud

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 16:25:53 -0400

What are "mass Oracle database migrations"? I have done platform migration and I have done migration from on-prem to the cloud. I was usually doing database by database, with the QA testing of each application system. There is generally only one way to do that:

  • expdp/imdp
  • Transportable tablespaces

Wait...there generally only 2 ways of doing it:

  • expdp/imdp
  • Transportable tablespaces
  • Golden Gate

Wait....

Of course, I should add that nobody expects Spanish Inquisition. Their chief weapon....

Wait...there are only 2 ways of doing it

On 6/22/21 2:49 PM, Raghu Kota wrote:
Hello all,

Has anybody done mass Oracle database migrations from AIX, Solaris & Windows to Azure Cloud? We are looking for various options keeping downtime low or none.

We do hear a lot of cross platform Incremental backup approaches but would like to understand the best approach from the Oracle side along with If any latest tools available from the Azure side.

TIA
Raghu.
--
Mladen Gogala