Re: On the premises Oracle 21c download

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 08:33:31 +0100

Hi.

It is likely to come out just after a set of quarterly patches. I was hoping for April, but clearly that hasn't happened, so now I'm hoping for some time after July.

According to MOS Doc ID 742060.1 it is scheduled for 1HCY2021, which I would interpret as before the end of June, but Oracle makes no promises on those proposed dates.

As an innovation release, it only has a couple of years of support, with no possible extended support, so most people won't go production with it. I believe 22 will be the next long term support release, but that could change, which is what most people will target for upgrades.

Hopefully 21c will come with a new XE at the same time, according to what we've been told in the past.

Cheers

Tim...

Cheers

Tim...