Re: Locking issue

From: Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 10:39:18 +0100

Lok P,

The 19.10 RU backports a parameter optimizer_real_time_statistics according to this note (
https://blogs.oracle.com/optimizer/real-time-statistics-parameter ) by Nigel Bayliss, with the default value of FALSE so on your next upgrade it seems likely that the feature will disable itself automatically - which suggests it would be safe to disable it manually.

I don't have access to a 19.9, so I assume that it is currently a hidden parameter but maybe it's more subtle than that. There's also the problem that your query is reporting the use of real-time statisics, but the collection of the statistics is from DML, so maybe you have to find a way to disable the entire realtime statistics feature to bypass your dictionary cache activity.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis