data guard issue

From: Zwettler Markus (OIZ) <"Zwettler>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 09:23:23 +0000

Hi,

We have 4 data guard primary instances on the same host with the same FSFO configuration (FastStartFailoverThreshold = 300 secs).

We had a network outage.

All 4 primary instances recognized this network outage at the same time (03:59).

2 instances claimed about synchronization issues immediately (=> A), the other two not until 04:05 (=> B).

I wonder about this time difference. Any idea?

Thanks, Markus

A)
06/08/2021 03:59:48
Network I/O to database prod02b failed, status = ORA-12609. 06/08/2021 03:59:53

LGWR: FSFO SetState("UNSYNC", 0x2) operation requires an ack                                    <== <== <==
        Primary database will shutdown within 300 seconds if permission
         is not granted from Observer or FSFO target standby to proceed
06/08/2021 04:04:54
Notifying Oracle Clusterware to disable services and monitoring because primary will be shutdown Primary has heard from neither observer nor target standby
        within FastStartFailoverThreshold seconds. It is
        likely an automatic failover has already occurred.
        The primary is shutting down.

B)
06/08/2021 03:59:28
Network I/O to database prod01b failed, status = ORA-12609. 06/08/2021 04:02:42
Data Guard Broker terminating NSV0, timed out waiting for a response from database prod01b 06/08/2021 04:05:58