Interesting Paths in the 19C Upgrade Forest, was: 19.3 - Hard Coded Schema Names Issue

From: Dave Morgan <oracle_at_1001111.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 10:04:34 -0600

I still have the above issue on a fully patched 19.3 with the April 2021 RU, PSU, whatever they call it now applied on Windows 2019 machine. Removing the schema name or using quotation marks fixes the problem. It is reproducible in multiple databases in our environment. We are still investigating non-CDB versus CDB/PDB occurrences and differences.

I also have a PDB$SEED that when applying the above patchset it fails because DBA_REGISTRY does not exist, ORA-0942, lol However, when applying the patchset to a PDB that was created from PDB$SEED there are no problems.
The instructions say to apply to the PDB$SEED but also say to apply to PDBs created after the patch date.

Now if I use the patched seed to create a pdb, why do I have to patch the new pdb? If I could patch the PDB$SEED, lol

All of this is on a DEV machine., thank god.

Guess it is time to file SRs. :( And research more.

Stefan, thank you for the following link, it has saved me hours of searching.
https://stefanpanek.wordpress.com/2019/12/20/manual-upgrade-to-oracle-19c-cdb-pdb/

Dave

--
Dave Morgan
Senior Consultant, 1001111 Alberta Limited