Re: Ignore histograms on sql level

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 17:46:26 -0500

On 1/19/2021 5:27 PM, Sayan Malakshinov wrote:
> Hi listers,
>
> Jonathan is absolutely correct as always - we can easily get it using
> the following format:
> column_stats("OWNER"."TABLE", "COLUMN", scale, length=NN distinct=NN
> nulls=NN min=NN max=NN)

Sayan, I don't understand the example. Plan hasn't changed,  how do you know that histograms weren't used with the hint? You created the histograms of size 255 but I don't see whether they're used or not. BTW, I don't doubt the word of Jonathan, I'm no heathen.I am an admirer. One of the two times I've met him in person, I asked him to sign his 8i book. You'd be surprised, that 8i book is still mostly relevant.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA