Re: Migrating from OID to OUD

From: Kurt Van Meerbeeck <kurtvm_at_telenet.be>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 17:02:03 +0100 (CET)

[ https://forum.forgerock.com/topic/import-users-with-pre-encoded-passwords/ ] The obvious question is - does the ldap server use salted sha as password policy ? If it for example uses SHA-512 or bcrypt, then it will not match your SSHA hashes.

kind regards

Van: "Kemnitz, LeRoy" <leroy.kemnitz_at_uwss.wisconsin.edu> Aan: "oracle-l" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Verzonden: Woensdag 11 december 2019 16:10:29 Onderwerp: Migrating from OID to OUD

Hey –

I am migrating from OID 11.1 to replicated OUD 11.2. Both servers are running Linux 7.*

I am working on exporting/importing my users from OID to OUD. I can create the LDIF from OID and import it to OUD, after some adjustments of the LDIF. I remove the authpassword and the orclpassword attributes. I then import successfully but the passwords are different in OUD than they were in OID.

Has anyone done this process before? How? I tried removing the {SSHA} from the password attribute. I also set the ‘allow-preencoded-passwords’ vlaue in my OUD. Same result.

I am waiting on Support to let me know if it is possible.

LeRoy