Re: Oracle*Net and Firewall

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 20:15:08 -0500

They need to open the high ports on the firewall. also called ephemeral ports. The handshake is made on 5533, but then the connection is handed off to the higher port. I have only seen this on highly aggressive firewalls, but the only fix is to make sure the high ports are not blocked.

Sent from my iPhone