Re: dba mentor

From: <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 17:40:21 +0100

I think there's was an element of truth. Lots of common design patterns work well our of the box in a way they didn't. I fear however that so many of those trying to automate everything haven't read their Pratchett. It's certainly true of automatically tuning human written sql against human written schemas.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools