Golden Gate extract hanging

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 12:37:18 -0500

I remember when Oracle metalink notes would actually explain the problem and how to fix it. I have configured downstream capture of an oracle database (10gr2) on a 12c database (12.1.0.2) using golden gate 12.3.1.0.4. This is Linux x86_64

The extract process never completes initiailization, and hangs in the dictionary initialization state. According to MOS note 2255938.1, this could be problem with the global names.

However, the note never explains how to confirm that is the problem. Nor the appropriate method to fix it (other than rename global name)? Rename to what?

On the source database, the global name is HOME.REGRESS.RDBMS.DEV.US.ORACLE.COM (renamed for anonymity) and the mining database where extract is running has this as the global name: HOMEMI.HOME.COM. Global names is turned off on both the source database and the mining database:
SQL> show parameter global_names

NAME TYPE VALUE
------------------------------------ -----------

global_names boolean FALSE

So, can someone explain what to look at to verify whether or not my problem is what the note says? And what I need to change the mining database global name to in order to fix the problem, if that is the problem? Or do I need to change the global name on the source db?

SQL> select capture_name,state from v$goldengate_capture;

CAPTURE_NAME

STATE

OGG$CAP_EXTABC10
DICTIONARY INITIALIZATION OGG$CAP_EXTBC10
DICTIONARY INITIALIZATION
--

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Sep 10 2018 - 19:37:18 CEST