Re: Tuning Advice

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 01:41:06 -0400

Hi Jeremy,

Bad plan is probably caused by some statistics anomaly. I would try two things:

  1. Trace the session and figure out what is the session waiting for. Then try eliminating the wait.
  2. Use /*+ GATHER_PLAN_STATISTICS */ hint and see if there is a difference between E-rows and A-rows. If there is, see where does the difference come from.

Also, make sure that silly things like OPTIMIZER_ADAPTIVE_FEATURES are turned off.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant