Re: Aw: Oracle 12c Case insensitive searches

From: Sanjay Mishra <"Sanjay>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 15:57:39 +0000 (UTC)

 Mike
That means we will always store the data in lower case and use lower case for all searches or convert search while submitting to lowercase. Anyway was not aware of it and also checking more. Sanjay

    On Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 11:45:45 AM EDT, Michael D O'Shea/Woodward Informatics Ltd <woodwardinformatics_at_strychnine.co.uk> wrote:

 Not sure whether I am missing the point of the post Sanjay but perhaps caseInsensitiveVC2 varchar2(nn) generated always as lower(xxx) virtual And a normal index on caseInsensitiveVC2 and queries always in lower Any good?
Mike

Dr. Michael D. O’Shea, https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaeldoshea Woodward Informatics Ltd, http://www.strychnine.co.uk +44 (0)7402 851508

Am 03.04.2018 um 16:37 schrieb Sanjay Mishra (Redacted sender "smishra_97" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org>: Is there any good solution for Case insensitive search to one or two col level on table ?  Is any new featured added in any 12c flavor that provide better solution over old Index/Function based Index/Context index ? TIASanjay