Re: Transportable tablespaces and TDE

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hpe.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:30:42 +0000

Malden, see Doc ID 1454872.1 Transportable Tablespace (TTS) Restrictions and Limitations: Details, Reference, and Version Where Applicable which states that tablespaces which contain encrypted columns cannot be transported and that TTS of TDE tablespaces is not supported on 12c.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> Sent: Thursday, December 1, 2016 2:18:14 PM To: RajeevGM
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Transportable tablespaces and TDE

On 12/01/2016 02:14 PM, RajeevGM wrote:
> Malden,
>
> Have you already reviewed 1166564.1 ?
>
> Rajeev

Thanks Rajeev, this is precisely what I needed. I owe you one. Regards.

>> On Dec 1, 2016, at 1:58 PM, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have a client who would like to have several databases moved from 11.2.0.4 on Solaris to 12.1.0.2 on Linux. There was nothing problematic in the task until I discovered that the source databases are using TDE (transparent data encryption). The tablespaces containing data are all encrypted. I have never worked with TDE before and I am not sure that transportable tablespaces are even an option here. Does anyone have any documentation or experience with this? I would be deeply grateful for any help.
>>
>> TIA
>>

>> --
>> Mladen Gogala
>> Oracle DBA