RE: How to know the stats is corrupted

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 14:07:43 +0000

When we were on 9.2.x we got better results using analyze than we did using dbms_stats. I would use one of the other based on which produces the best overall results for your environment. When we upgraded to 10g we went with the Oracle provided statistics collection process. We had to tune only a couple of processes as a result of the upgrade.